Bondi Junction

Array ( [0] => Array ( [photo_id] => 15 [suburb_id] => 6 [photo_title] => [description] => [path] => http://www.ljlevi.com.au/wp-content/uploads/LocationInfoPlugin/-ondi--unction.jpg [ord] => 0 [thumbnail] => http://www.ljlevi.com.au/wp-content/uploads/LocationInfoPlugin/-ondi--unction_thumb.jpg ) )
The first house in the area was Waverley House. When Waverley Municipality was proclaimed in 1859, the name was taken from Waverley House. Henry Hough was first given a grant of land on the site of Bondi Junction in 1832. On his estate, he built a wind-powered flour mill. This was accessed by a track leading off the South Head Road (now Oxford Street), the suburb's main thoroughfare. Hough named his farm Hope, but it was colloquially dubbed Mill Hill.
In 1854 the first hotel in the area opened. It was named The Waverley Tea Gardens and the surrounding area quickly took that name, quickly shortened to simply "Tea Gardens", which stuck for the next 30 years.

With the extension of the tram lines to Bondi Beach, Charing Cross and Bronte later in the decade, the term Bondi Junction was coined. It referred to the junction of the Bondi and Bronte tram lines at the corner of the now Oxford Street and Bronte Road.
With the subdivision of surrounding suburbs complete by 1930, Bondi Junction quickly grew into a major entertainment and commercial centre. Tram lines ran to Bondi Beach via Birriga Road, Bondi Beach via Bondi Road, Bronte Beach and The Spot, Randwick and of course, the City at Circular Quay and Central railway

Sold Properties: Bondi Junction

Address Suburb Sold Date Bed Bath Car
11/37 Paul Street BONDI JUNCTION 27-11-2017 2 1 1 View Property

Leased Properties: Bondi Junction

Address Suburb Leased Date Bed Bath Car
2/16-18 Botany Street BONDI JUNCTION 2 1 1 View Property
1304/80 Ebley Street BONDI JUNCTION 1 1 1 View Property